· Provide specialist advice on accounting treatment for capital expenditures and ensure the advice given is the best, providing a second opinion to civil servants. The Financial Specialist (Senior) needs to be innovative and think critically to find process and systems solutions that work.
· Attend official meetings in order to assist senior management usefully in all aspects of the work.
· Develop through the engagement of internal stakeholders the recommended changes to processes, procedures and collaborate with the Information Management (IM) team on systems changes.
· Engage with stakeholders to communicate the identified changes to close gaps and bring the DND into compliance from a policy perspective;
· Apply the acquired understanding of the departmental context and intricacies to “unblock things through good relationships with key contacts in other departments”.
· Participate in the planning and definition of the key priorities to ensure compliance with the proper accounting treatment for capital expenditures;
· Engage internal stakeholders to develop business requirements for enhancement of DRMIS (SAP) financial and material system in support of the Vote 5 Accounting Treatment Project implementation to comply with new Receiver General (RG) coding requirements (SAP is the ERP used at DND);
· Assist with the preparation of communications on behalf of Senior management (communique’s to staff and central agencies);
· Provide strategic input for the purposes of briefing Senior Management (up to ADM) on the project implications for such things as Briefing Notes or Memorandums; and
· Advise the DGFOS (Project Sponsor) and Director on the particular risks, challenges to implementation.
· Must demonstrate that the proposed resource has an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA).
· Must clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of five (5) years of experience within the last ten (10) years working for or working with the Federal Government providing financial management advice to senior management.
· Must clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the management of corporate and financial projects involving
· financial processes and systems that affect multiple functions across the organization
· Must clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of two (2) years of experience performing accounting functions on assets or inventories with a
· minimum Net Book Value of $50 Million
· Must clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working directly with and developing a relationship with one or more of the following Government of Canada Central Agencies:
· the Prime Minister's Office;
· the Privy Council Office;
· the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat; and
· the Department of Finance
· Must clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of five (5) years in the last ten (10) years supporting a Government of Canada Department or Agency’s business processes that rely on the use of an SAP-based Integrated Financial and Material System (IFMS).
MUST CURRENTLY HOLD VALID RELIABILITY GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARENCE