· Participate in meetings and work collaboratively with the project teams, other costing groups, corporate stakeholders and technical teams in both official language English and French.
· Review existing costing-based methodology and align it against the forward set of requirements needed as part of the business transformation agenda.
· Work collaboratively with both fibre optic and MPLS based engineers for deriving the necessary Bill of Materials (BoMs) required for the various technical initiatives that occur within the fiscal year
· Develop and continue to cost the various provider-based networks (IXP, CXP, ISP, WAN etc.)
· Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems;
· Work collaboratively with the project teams and corporate stakeholders, on the construction, writing, review and stickhandling of major Treasury Board Submissions within the Department.
· Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions;
· Work collaboratively with other costing groups within the directorate
· Develop data model driven costing methodologies that take source data from various systems across the enterprise for the purpose of developing costing forecasts
· Be able to evaluate complex Bill of Materials for both fibre optic and MPLS based infrastructure and interpret them into costing estimates for the directorate
· Ensure network solutions being developed are in sync with industry standards and trends, and aligned with government and industry directions for technology;
· Provide input and recommendations to project teams;
· Develop and/or participate in change impact analysis and work within the respective change management and incident management processes;
· Provide expert resolution support and/or workaround solutions for complex network problems;
· Provide support and implementation activities, follow standard documentation practices for post implementation support;
· Collaborate with project resources to organize and review relevant information/documents from various technical stakeholders including IT solution providers and |T support service teams;
· Collaborate with project resources to reach consensus on issues related to network designs and Detailed Design Specifications;
· Work in partnership with all stakeholders to identify technical end-to-end IT solution challenges
· Attend internal, client, industry and vendor workshops to define, document and develop consensus on the most appropriate recommendations;
· Collaborate and work with other teams to provide Enterprise Network design support throughout the project;
· Work with project resources to identify gaps with target designs and develop recommendations;
· Identify network design/solution risks and issues as well as potential mitigation to project team;
· Prepare and deliver presentations as required to clients, management and other stakeholders as required;
A minimum of a three year college diploma (computer science or other IT related field; OR
a university degree at the Bachelor level in Information Technology (computer science or engineering) or other IT related field; OR
A minimum of ten years (in the last 15 years) work experience in the IT field at bid closing
must clearly substantiate and demonstrate that the proposed resource(s) have at minimum at bid closing:
Level 3: ten (10) years’ experience
performing tasks similar to those specified in the attached SOW.
must clearly substantiate and demonstrate at bid closing, that the proposed resource has business architecture certificate from a recognized institution.
must clearly substantiate and demonstrate at bid closing, that the proposed resource(s) have experience in planning and implementation of complex Wide Area Network and Dark Fiber MAN based network environments
Must hold a Security Clearance at the Secret level requested by the Technical Authority and issued by PWGSC-CISD (file number and expiry date must be provided.) At bid closing